Welcome to the Chesham and Amersham Conservative Association section for Young Members!
Here you can find out what is happening in the constituency for the under 26’s, discover information on issues that you may find interesting, get involved in the party locally and meet like-minded people in this area.
We want to increase the number of Young Members in our constituency so we can give you a voice and hear your views. And because there might be issues that you feel strongly about, we want to give you the space to talk about them.
We want to know your opinion on issues such as employment, education, the environment, housing and the NHS. These are big issues and the Conservatives want to address them at the local and national level.
Anyone under 26 can join the Conservatives for a special discounted rate of just £5 a year!
As a Young Member you will receive all the benefits of membership, including...
- Helping to decide party policy on all the things that matter
- Choosing local candidates to be Members of Parliament and local councillors
- Voting in leadership contests to decide who leads our party
- Socialising with like-minded people
- Joining local campaigns to improve our area
Local Issues and Activity
We are campaigning on many things that affect local people and the environment. Listed below is a selection of some of the recent campaigns that we have been involved in...
- Campaigning to get the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty designated as a National Park.
- Introducing the Autism Act to create a society that works for autistic people.
- Opposing HS2 and the environmental damage it will do to the area.
- Achieving net zero and eliminating the use of coal power by 2025 - see our plan here.
- If you live in Chesham, the Chesham Youth Council is a platform for people aged between 10 and 17 to give their views and vision for Chesham.
- Go to Party Conference! The local Conservatives offer a £100 bursary to our young members to help with the costs of attending Conference - from hotel or Air B&B costs to food and drink.
- Attend social events, from drinks and dinners to Zoom chats with the Cabinet Ministers.
The Conservative Party has several partner organisations and clubs in its organisation:
- The Conservative Women’s Organisation is an organisation which supports and promotes women in political life.
- The LGBT+ Conservatives group provides a platform within the Conservative party for the LGBT+ community.
- Young Conservatives holds social events, policy discussions and campaign days exclusively for young members.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram...