Job Title: Agent/Campaign Manager
Working For: Beaconsfield Conservative Association and Chesham & Amersham Conservative Association.
Location: Beaconsfield, South East
Salary: £40,000 DOE Plus Benefits
Application Deadline: 4pm Monday 31st August 2020
This is an opportunity to lead the team in the Beaconsfield and Chesham & Amersham constituencies, supporting our Conservative MP and Conservative Councillors. We are looking for an individual to help both Associations grow their membership, improve their finances, and secure the maximum level of Conservative representation at local and Parliamentary elections.
You would be working as part of a team with the Association Manager.
The successful applicant will be organised, able to lead a team, focused on delivering key outcomes, strong at writing and designing literature and able manage the diverse and competing priorities of a busy election campaign.
- Developing and delivering a strategy to win all council seats at the May 2021 Local Elections.
- Working with neighbouring constituencies to support the Buckinghamshire Council.
- Producing high quality literature for the MP and Councillors to include written copy, and design work.
- Developing, in partnership with CCHQ, an innovative and high-profile incumbency campaign for the MPs, Joy Morrissey and Dame Cheryl Gillan.
- Maintaining and enhancing our digital platforms and developing capabilities in the use of Social Media, such as Ad Manager. The candidate should be able to identify new and emerging Social Media platforms and implement methods to ensure that the Association understands the opportunities and risks of new platforms.
- Line manage the Association Manager.
- Establish operational budgets and ensure that the Association and local campaigns operate within those budgets.
- Develop and implement membership recruitment initiatives.
- Continually develop campaigning capacity by encouraging members to become activists and ensuring that there is a programme of regular welcoming, informative, productive and enjoyable campaign sessions.
- Maintain VoteSource database.
- Act as Company Secretary to Blue Chip Beaconsfield Ltd. With responsibilities for the VAT returns, annual accounts filing, paying of bills, and other administrative tasks associated to the management of the company.
- Act as Secretary to the Executive Council and Joint Management Committee.
- Co-ordinating, developing and supporting fundraising efforts, including marketing events.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to develop effective working relationships with a range of key stakeholders and an ability to recruit, manage and retain volunteers.
- Significant campaigning experience. Experience of campaigning in both General Election and council campaigns would be highly advantageous.
- Leadership, including an ability to gain trust and respect from MPs, councillors and volunteers.
- Very strong organisational skills.
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and communication skills, together with flexibility, adaptability, strong attention to detail, resilience, and a determination to succeed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding and experience of effective e-campaigning and use of social media, along with keeping websites up to date with current local and national news stories and upcoming fundraising and campaigning events.
- Proficiency in the use of VoteSource is essential.
- An understanding of Conservative Party rules.
- A good understanding of electoral law (including experience of having successfully submitted electoral returns) and experience of budgeting in regulated periods is essential.
The Agent/Campaign Manager will be required to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. As the role is party political, applicants must have a demonstrable commitment to the aims and objectives of the Conservative Party.